One thing our kids (and I) love to do at Walt Disney World is collect character’s autographs. Most families travel to WDW with the thought of “getting autographs” but that’s as far as it goes. Some families will buy or make autograph books prior to their vacation and others will buy the “official” autograph books once they arrive. But, I want to give you a few other options for collecting character autographs at Walt Disney World.
1) Have the characters sign a hat. We bought a khaki visor with a navy silhouette of Mickey on one trip and had the Fab 5 sign the hat.
2) On our last trip with our son, we took the Disney Junior Encyclopedia of Animated Characters to have them sign! The characters loved seeing their picture in a book!
3) A pillowcase is another fun way to collect the character’s autographs. But, remember to bring something hard to put under the pillowcase before they sign!
4) Buy a canvas bag from a craft store and embroider, paint or “iron on” a Mickey to the front and have the characters sing the bag.
5) Buy a large, white photo mat prior to your trip. Cut out a 4X6 rectangle in the center for a photo and have the characters sign on the mat. After your trip, include a picture of you and your family with your favorite characters.
6) Having autographs on a tshirt is another fun way to remember your trip and who you met. However, the characters will not sign the shirt if it’s on your body! Carry the shirt with you and don’t forget to bring something hard to put under the shirt before they sign.
7)I personally like to get character autographs in the official WDW autograph book sold in all the gift shops. But, once I get home, I tear out the pages to add to my scrapbook!
What other suggestions do you have for creative ways to collect character autographs?